(PLUS: 3 Tips for Ensuring They Provide a Huge Academic Success Boost)
As educators and parents, we are in uncharted territory right now.
The COVID-19 crisis has changed the way we live our daily life. Both parents and children are now home, working and learning in the same environment … it’s a lot.
One common thread we have heard from parents through all of this is this fear that their children will fall behind.
Whether it’s because of their kid’s lack of attention and focus in these online classrooms or their relaxed curriculums while schools figure out their long-term plans – these school closures are truly impacting our children’s education.
While there’s still no official word when schools will reopen their campuses and kids will return to the classroom, this doesn’t mean our children’s education should remain in limbo.
How can parents ensure their kids continue to learn through all of this? Online tutoring might just be the answer.
Check out 5 reasons to invest in an online tutor today – and keep reading to see our three tips for ensuring they provide your child with real academic success!
1. Online tutoring lightens the load for parents working from home: Social distancing is still very much in effect, which means most parents are working from home …. just as their kids are now learning from home. Luckily, tutoring organizations, like Jill’s Tutors, have taken their services online! You can rest easy knowing that your child is getting focused one-on-one attention from the safety of your own home. Plus, unlike these Zoom classrooms where teachers have 30 students at once, your child will have the complete attention of the tutor. You can have peace of mind knowing that your child is getting the educational attention they deserve, while you get some time to fully focus on your work.
2. Your child will have a private learning environment: One of the major benefits of online tutoring is it doesn’t feel like school. In an online tutoring session, your child has the undivided attention of the educator, while being in a safe environment without distractions or pressure to perform to certain expectations. By creating a secure and nurturing space for your child to ask questions and really engage with the material, they’re more likely to feel empowered and relaxed. In addition to getting that one-on-one attention from a tutor, there are a variety of online resources that can be used as effective tools and learning assets. Online whiteboards, screen sharing software and links to diagrams, articles, notes, and other online resources can help the educator better explain the concepts the child is learning, while creating more interactivity and engagement.
3. Online tutoring fosters advanced knowledge and comfort with digital programs: We’re living in a digital world, so it’s important that your child gets comfortable with various online programs and software. The more fluent they are in digital technologies, the more successful they’ll be in the real world. Especially post-Coronavirus, we expect there to be a greater utilization of online technologies, remote learning environments, and telecommuting positions. Luckily, online tutors have an arsenal of digital resources for all levels of learning at their fingertips. And when working with an online tutor, students will get access to these same educational online resources. Plus, don’t we all want our kids to use the internet for more than social media, video games and streaming services?
4. Students feel more comfortable to ask questions and engage with the material: Oftentimes, the classroom can be an intimidating setting for children. No one wants to answer a question incorrectly in front of 30 of their peers. Let alone, ask a question that might make them look like they’re falling behind. Online tutoring is an especially important resource for children who are not only struggling in school, but getting poor grades as well. Online tutoring provides a safe and comfortable space for your child to ask the questions that they may be too afraid to ask in class. And according to Care.com, teachers have reported that students who build up their confidence with online learning tend to ask more questions in class, which boosts their confidence and increases their engagement with the material they’re learning. Having a heightened trust in their intellect will not only help them succeed in school, it’s a tool they’ll use in all aspects of their life.
5. There are online tutors available for all subjects and all educational levels: No matter how old your child is, or what subject or material they’re struggling with, services like Jill’s Tutors can match you with a online tutor specific to your child’s educational needs. Jill’s Tutors offers private one-on-one online tutoring through our network of experienced teachers, educators, and professional tutors. If your student is falling behind – or if you need a break from the stress of home education – we’ve got you covered. Simply visit our website jillstutors.com, call or text 512-598-5135 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll set you up with one of our talented educators.
Online tutoring is an excellent resource to ensure your child will stay engaged with their education during the Coronavirus pandemic. If you’re looking to get started with an online tutor, here are three tips to ensure that they provide a huge academic success boost for your child!
1. Record your sessions: Another major benefit of virtual learning is you can record your tutoring sessions! This is an excellent resource for your child to revisit what they went over with the tutor and for parents to check and see what was accomplished.
2. Adaptable lessons: Thanks to this little thing called the internet students can upload their homework assignments for their tutor to see. This keeps things adaptable and gives your tutor the resources they need to tackle specific concepts the student is struggling with. When working with a tutor make sure they’re utilizing all of the tools the internet has to offer -- from uploads to screen sharing. This will create a more effective learning experience for the student.
3. Keep a routine: Routines work! Keep your child on a daily academic routine. Whether they’re seeing a tutor once or a few times a week, try to keep the time of day they work with the tutor or they work on their homework consistent. Sticking with a routine has been proven to help kids learn discipline, self-control and success building skills.